McCourt is searching for a Graphic Artist/Prepress Operator whose main job function is to update/optimize customer art files, and prepare them for plate making or digital processing. The ideal candidate will enhance the overall prepress workflow through skills, technology and innovation while maintaining a high level of quality.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Read and understand Job Tickets and produce proofs and production files in accordance with their specifications.
- Perform self-checks and proofread work by other team members in accordance to operating procedures.
- Optimize customer provided art for printability by applying trap, pullback, overprint, etc.
- Work with Customer Service Reps to gain understanding of customer’s expectations and requirements.
- Detect issues in customer supplied art and work with Customer Service Reps to resolve problems.
- Manage multiple jobs in various production stages.
- Must have knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite design software, including but not limited to Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat.
- Strong organizational skills, creative thinking and the ability to work within a team environment.
- Must be able to work in both Windows and Mac environments.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new technology including new/upgraded software and hardware.
- Must be detail oriented, well organized, and take pride in delivering quality work.
- Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure with tight deadlines.
- A bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field and/or 3 years prepress experience
- Experience with ESKO and Kodak Prinergy Software is preferred.
- Knowledge of color management is also preferred.